Our flag event on April 14th at Kingsfield Golf Club, Linlithgow has now been changed to the Stephen Gallacher Foundation Texas Scramble Junior Pro-am.
The Scottish PGA will be organising 20 of their young professionals to play with our Under 14, Under 10 Girls and Under12, Under 10 boys.
This will be a great event for the kids to learn from Scotland's leading up and coming professionals
Texas Scramble Rules
1. Each team will consist of four players. One young professional and 3 children.
2. All players can tee off at each hole.
3. The nominated team captain then selects the best drive and marks the position (within 6 inches) with a tee peg (not nearer the hole). A minimum of two tee shots per player to be used.
4. The other players then retrieve their balls.
5. The player whose ball has been chosen then plays his next shot first.
6. The remaining players then play within six inches of the tee peg (not nearer the hole). Note! Golf balls shall be placed on closely mown areas and dropped if the chosen ball in play is in the rough or a hazard.
7. The above method of play is followed until the green is reached.
8. On the green the same method applies. The ball chosen is marked by a putter head length and players putt from the same spot in turn.
9. Each player must mark the ball after putting. Play continues from each chosen position until the ball is holed.
10. The score is the total number of shots from the chosen spots (including the tee shot). Note! If a player putts and misses but then inadvertently knocks the ball into the hole, then that score counts.
At the end of the round the total for each hole is added together. The winning team will be the one with the lowest medal score.