On 10th and 11th October we are holding the following events at Macdonald Cardrona GC, Peebles:
Stephen Gallacher Foundation Trophy for Under 18 Boys
Stephen Gallacher Foundation Vase for Under 18 Girls
Conditions of the Competition below.
STEPHEN GALLACHER FOUNDATION TROPHY
STEPHEN GALLACHER FOUNDATION VASE
Macdonald Cardrona GC
Saturday 10th Oct and Sunday 11th Oct
Competition for the boys will be for the Stephen Gallacher Foundation Trophy (A miniature replica of Stephen’s Omega Dubai Desert Classic win) The event will be over 36 holes, 18 on the Saturday and 18 on Sunday.
Competition for the girls will be for the Stephen Gallacher Foundation Vase. The event will be over 36 holes, 18 on Saturday and 18 on the Sunday.
There will be Gold, Silver and Bronze medals on the day for boys and girls and the following vouchers:
- £200 £150
- £120 £80
- £80 £50
- £40 £20
In the event of a tie for first place for boys and girls there will be a play off, until there is a winner of the Trophy/Vase. If a tie, for a medal, it will be decided on a count back basis. All vouchers will be shared.
The Under 16’s will also be playing for the Bobby Johnston Trophy which will be awarded to the lowest 36 hole total to par for girls and boys. The prizes for this will be
(In the event of a tie the vouchers will be shared but the Trophy will be decided on a count back)
On the Saturday there will also be a TRACKMAN Competition on the practice range in which all competitors can take part in, this will commence around 10am, until end of play on the Saturday
ALL PRIZE WINNERS WILL BE EXPECTED TO STAY BEHIND FOR THE PRIZE GIVING.
One practice round available, play must be from the white markers on the day for the boys and the red markers for the girls. Failure to adhere to this will result in disqualification. If you wish to play another practice round you can at a cost of £10 per player. Please contact MacDonald Cardrona on 01896 833600 Option 3, and quote SG Foundation to book a tee time
- There will be food, for all the competitors on the Saturday, free of charge. Buffet: Pasta, Vegetarian Pasta, Hot Dogs, Burgers, Buns, Wedges & Salad. The cost to Parents or spectators who wish this food on the day will be charged £10. Refreshments and hot rolls each morning will be served by staff in fairways lounge area and the buffet will be served in Manderston area, both of which are situated on the 3rd floor of the Hotel.
- All players must register at the Tournament Office, in the Spikes bar of the Hotel on the ground floor at least 30 minutes before their tee time.
- All players must be on the tee 10 minutes before their allocated tee time.
- Practice range will be open from 7.00am and close at 6pm. Irons only may be used on the range, any deviation from this will result in disqualification.
- The local rules on the club scorecard will be incorporated in the event.