UPDATE: Coronavirus and Swanston Templar GC, course still Open

For now we have cancelled all events in March and will make a decision regards the events in April in the coming days and we will advise you accordingly. The 9 hole Swanston Templar Course, who we have an agreement with, is still open and free for all Foundation kids to play, furthermore an adult who plays with the child will also play for free. The golf course have assured us they have taken every precaution possible regards the Coronavirus, such as: No rakes Holes upside down Ball washers removed Remember not to touch the pins or shake hands and keep your distance from your playing partners and do not pass scorecards between players. The Brasserie for now, is open from 9am-4pm but expectation is that it will be closed in the near future. Remember to always stick within the government guidelines for your safety and others. Golf is still a great way to exercise and for Mental Health and wellbeng, even in the current crisis but please play it safely.

SGF Events Update on Coronavirus

It is with regret we have taken the decision to postpone all events for the month of March. Our proposed events: 22nd March Adult/Junior Event at Swanston 29th March Ryder/Solheim Cup Match at Swanston will all now be moved to new dates, we will update you with these in the near future. This is an unprecedented time and we will keep you up to date as we go forward. For now our next event will be our start of Summer Season Flag and Stroke play event at North Berwick Childrens Course on Sunday 12th April.

SGF Pro-Am, Date changed to Saturday 10th October

We have unfortunately taking the decision to postpone our scheduled Pro-Am at Kingsfield on Saturday 18th April, due to the situation on going with regards the Coronavirus. This event is geared for the kids and adults spending a long time together on and off the golf course and because of the numbers involved with this event have decided to take this precaution. A new date has been set of Saturday 10th October, if you have already entered this will be carried forward to the new date. All other events will be going ahead as planned, for now, but we may decide, not to have presentation of prizes at the end of each event. We will though monitor the situation with regards the Coronavirus as it changes daily and we will keep you well informed of any further amendments. If anyone has any queries please do not hesitate to contact me.

Braids Winter Golf Coaching CANCELLED today

Unfortunately due to unforseen circumstances todays Winter Group Coaching at the Braids Driving range has been cancelled. A new date will be organised in March and we will be in touch with the children and parents involved. Once again our apologies


The TOP TEN players in the Under 18 and Under 15 BOYS Order of Merits, scratch and handicap will receive an invite from Stephen Gallacher to play in the end of season Race to Dunbar on Sunday 4th October To enter these events you must visit the individual websites of the clubs concerned


The TOP TEN players in the Under 18 GIRLS Order of Merits, Scratch and Handicap will receive an invite from Stephen Gallacher to play in the end of season Race to Dunbar on Sunday 4th October To enter any of the junior events below please visit the clubs or associations website


Our new website has been launched today. A new look with new additions and some new events for 2020. Take a look at our Tournament section to find out more. If you feel there is anything missing or anything you think we should look to add please feel free to tell me as this is your site. If you were already registered with us previously, you will find when you first sign in on this new site you will have to change your password, so do not panic. We hope ypu enjoy this new site and look forward to seeing you all throughout the year If you have any problems please do not hesitate to contact me on scott@sgfoundation.co.uk


Unfortunately due to severe adverse weather we have had to cancel today's Xmas Event. We have set a new date Sunday 5th Jan 2020, in which all tee times will remain the same


We have just added to our website full details of our winter coaching offer for 2019/2020, which will include Group Coaching and One to One Coaching


Tea changes are as follows

SGF Finals Day 2019, Kingsfield GC

On a very windy and cold day today, we held our 2018 Finals Day at Kingsfield Golf Club, Linlithgow. In...


Hi Everyone It is unfortunate but we are having to postpone this weekends event. For once not due to COVID 19. After speaking with Renaissance GC, we have taken the decision to postpone the event to Saturday 21st November and Sunday 22nd November due to the weather forecast of heavy rain and 40-50mph winds on the Saturday and rain on the Sunday with 20mph winds. This event was about the kids enjoying Renaissance GC and seeing it in its splendour which we feel would not happen on the predicted forecast. I hope everyone understands in us reaching this decision and we apologies for any inconvience this has caused you for this weekend. The draw will remain the same for the new dates on Saturday 21st November and Sunday 22nd November